Aquafaba in Latin means – the water in which chickpeas have been cooked.
Many vegan recipes use aquafaba as an egg replacement.
It doesn’t taste like chickpeas at all!
I love to create new recipes with different ingredients, and this is how this recipe has been created.
Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse- Dessert
- 1 can chickpea only the water/ 1 cup of chickpeas cooking water.
- ½ tsp Lemon
- 5 tsp Demerara sugar
- ½ cup of Cocoa butter pieces
- 3 tsp Cocoa powder
- Optional- You can change the cocoa butter and cocoa powder mixer with 70g melted dark chocolate.
- Open your tin of chickpeas and drain the chickpeas water into a bowl.
- Chill the water in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Using a mixer, beat the chickpea water with a squeeze of fresh lemon for a few minutes until it forms thick cream.
- After you have whipped it for about 7 minutes, slowly add sugar while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a bain-marie and mix with the cacao powder.
- Turn off the mixer.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bowl and mix lightly using a silicone spatula.
- Pour the mixture into containers and let it chill for an hour or more in the fridge.
- Top up with your favourite fruit. As toppings- I add coconut and strawberries.