Taking a relaxing bath with aromatherapy bath oil is an excellent way to give yourself a much-needed break from a stressful day or busy week. Combining calming oils in a warm bath can soothe both your body and mind, and you can enhance the experience by adding scented candles, gemstones, and relaxing meditation music. Additionally, using aromatherapy bath oil can help hydrate and nourish your skin, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Relax and rejuvenate with aromatherapy bath oil: a recipe for soothing the body and mind.
- This recipe includes a combination of jasmine, lavender, and rose essential oils that promote relaxation and focus.
- Dilute essential oils in a base oil before adding them to your bath to disperse the oils in the water and moisturize your skin.
- Relax in the bath for at least 20-30 minutes to experience the full potential of the oils.
- Cold-pressed coconut oil may be solid during the winter months, so melt it in a Bain Marie before mixing it with essential oils.
- Use natural bath foam and soap, especially when using essential oils since they absorb through the skin.
- The aromatherapeutic properties of certain oils work on both body and mind, helping to calm emotions, balance moods, and soothe the skin.
Aromatherapy calming bath oil – Key ingredients:
Rose essential oil
- Rosa damascena, Rosa centifolia
- Rose essential oil is obtained from the petals of Rosa damascena and Rosa centifolia flowers. This oil has a calming effect on the skin and can help reduce redness and inflammation. Traditionally, rose oil has been used for its calming and uplifting effects. It is highly effective for dry, hot, inflamed, or itchy skin. Aromatherapists use rose oil to prevent scarring, treat broken capillaries, and reduce stress levels. In addition, rose oil promotes a feeling of well-being and happiness, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a natural way to improve their emotional well-being.
Lavender essential oil:
- Lavandula angustifolia
- Lavender essential oil is extracted from the flowers of Lavandula angustifolia. It is known for its calming, rejuvenating, and soothing effects. This oil is particularly effective at reducing nervous tension and relieving pain, making it an ideal addition to a bedtime bath. Lavender oil also has disinfectant properties, making it useful for treating scalp and skin issues. Additionally, it enhances blood circulation and can be used to treat respiratory problems.
Jasmine essential oil
- Jasminum officinale
- Aromatherapists often use Jasmine essential oil to promote feelings of optimism and confidence. The scent of Jasmine has been shown to boost mood and help individuals overcome stress. Additionally, Jasmine oil has been found to aid in hormonal balance, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a natural way to regulate their hormones.
Aromatherapy calming bath oil – DIY recipe
For the base:
- 2 Tbsp. cold-pressed sunflower oil and 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed avocado oil OR 3 Tbsp. coconut oil OR 3 Tbsp. olive oil
For the essential oils blend:
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- 5 drops jasmine essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the base oil of your choice (sunflower, avocado, coconut, or olive oil).
- Add the essential oils to the bowl and stir well.
- Enjoy the calming and relaxing benefits of aromatherapy.
Good luck making your own bath oil!