Looking for a charming and eco-friendly Christmas gift idea? Look no further than beeswax candles!
Not only do beeswax candles burn smokeless and release no toxins into the air, but they also have a longer burn time than traditional candles. Plus, they’re known for their potential to reduce asthma, allergies, and hay fever.
But the benefits don’t stop there! When lit, beeswax candles release a gentle honey scent that freshens the air and creates a cozy atmosphere.
Want to make your own beeswax candles? Here’s an easy DIY recipe for 10 candles:
- 250g beeswax
- 10 candle wicks
- 10 Christmas cookie cutters
- Aluminium foil
- Mica powder
- 10-20 drops of essential oils of your choice (depending on the desired strength of the aroma)
Follow these simple steps:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler.
- While the wax is melting, secure a candle wick in the center of each cookie cutter.
- Add essential oils to the melted beeswax and stir until combined.
- Pour the beeswax into the cookie cutters, leaving a little space at the top, decorate with mica powder on top.
- Allow the wax to cool and solidify.
- Remove the candles from the cookie cutters and trim the wicks.
And voila! You now have 10 beautiful and unique beeswax candles to give as gifts or enjoy yourself. Happy crafting!
I wish you a Merry Christmas,