Dates and Cacao Truffles Recipe – a vegan, healthy and tasty recipe
Enjoy this recipe as a quick and tasty dessert or an energy boost treat.
Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree, they usually sold dried, and they are chewy and sweet.
Dates are naturally sweet and supply slow-release sugars.
They are very nutritious!
Dates contain several vitamins and minerals (potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc and manganese), fibre and antioxidants.
Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1 cup of Dates
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut chips
- 3 tbsp of cacao powder + extra for the truffle coating
- First, soak the date in hot water for few minutes and wipe dry. If it contains a stone, remove it.
- Then Roast the almond on a pan few about two minutes on a low fire until you feel a nutty scent.
- Use a food processor and grind the almonds for a couple of minutes, then add the coconut oil and the rest of the ingredients.
- Create small bite-size balls and roll them in cacao powder.
- Chill and enjoy!