Homemade Yeast-Free Bread Recipe
Making homemade bread is a satisfying achievement. Baking fresh bread fills your house with a fabulous aroma of baking! This yeast-free bread recipe is adapted from Jamie Oliver’s website and is ideal for those who are on yeast-free diets.
- 250 g spelt or whole grain flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g oats, chopped in a food processor
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 300 ml buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spelt or whole grain flour, plain flour, chopped oats, bicarbonate of soda, sugar (if using), and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a fork until it starts to come together. Use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it onto a lightly floured baking tray. Flatten it slightly with your hands.
- Score a cross into the top of the bread with a knife.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown on top and hollow when tapped underneath.
- Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool.
The bread is nutrient-rich and high in fiber, making it a healthy alternative for those on yeast-free diets.