Yummy! Banana bread, so delicious and soft, this can be a dreamy breakfast, dessert or a to-go snack! Great recipe, all in one bowl, no mixer needed!
The banana is a nutritional powerhouse, with great energy supporting carbohydrate and heart-healthy potassium.
Bananas are an excellent source of potassium and supply vitamin B6, fibre and carbohydrate, and some vitamin C.
I enjoy eating bananas every day and also love to add them to my smoothies, when the bananas are ripe you can make banana pancakes or try this lovely banana bread recipe.
My tip for an extra creamy smoothie is to freeze bananas by peeling the skin off and freeze them, add the frozen bananas to your smoothies for a cool and creamier addition.
Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- 3 medium bananas ripe
- 100 g unrefined natural cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 60 g melted butter or ¼ olive oil/ coconut oil/ grape seed
- 180 g organic all-purpose flour optional substitutes: Spelt flour / whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp oats
- Heat the oven to 170 C
- Mash the bananas with a fork or a potato masher and add the sugar and mix well, then add the melted butter
- Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Pour into a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sprinkle on top the oats and the cinnamon powder
- Bake the banana bread in a preheated oven (170 C) for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool before eating! Bon Appetit!
If after 35 minutes your banana bread is ready on the outside, but the inside is still not fully baked I suggest to cover it with aluminium foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until done.