Green smoothie morning inspiration
What are you having for breakfast? Have you considered starting your day with a nutrient-packed green smoothie?
Green smoothies are a tasty drink that boosts your diet with nutrients from fruits and vegetables and beneficial fibre from whole foods.
It is a refreshing way to start the morning with a boost of energy, and you can benefit from drinking a lot of active ingredients.
You may think the flavour could be strange, but green smoothies usually taste good and sweet, especially if you create the right combinations.
When selecting green leaves, if you are looking for a milder option, spinach is very gentle in taste. Combining it with sweet fruits and a squeeze of lemon creates a perfect combination.
Ingredients in Green Smoothie
A simple green smoothie recipe combines leafy greens like spinach, kale, and lettuce with a base liquid like water.
Based on your favourites, healthy additions to a green smoothie can include:
- Fruits like apples, mango, banana, avocado, or pineapple
- Vegetables like celery, carrot, beetroot, or cucumber
- Nuts and seeds like almond, hemp or chia seeds
- Herbs and spices like ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, or cocoa powder
- Natural sweeteners like honey, dates, maple syrup
- To make your smoothie extra creamy and tasty, add in your favourite healthy ingredients like avocado, yoghurt, nut butter or plant-based milk
Energy Boosting Green Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup of spinach
- 3 slices of pineapple
- Small piece of ginger root
- 3 tablespoons of oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 apple
- Juice freshly squeezed from half of lemon
- 3/4 – 1 cup of water
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Start with 1/2 cup of water and blend until all ingredients are evenly blended.
- Add more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy your Smoothie!