Green smoothie – morning inspiration
What are you having for breakfast?
Did you try to start the day with a green smoothie?
Drinking green smoothies is a great way to increase nutrients from fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Green smoothies also retain the beneficial fibre content from whole foods.
Ingredients in Green Smoothie
At their most basic, green smoothies combine leafy greens like spinach, kale, lettuce with a base liquid like water.
Based on your favourites, healthy additions to a green smoothie can include:
- Fruits like apple, mango, banana, avocado, or pineapple
- Vegetables like celery, carrot, beetroot, or cucumber
- Nuts and seeds like almond, hemp or chia seeds
- Herbs and spices like ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, or cocoa powder
- Natural sweeteners like honey, dates
- Creamy additions like yoghurt or plant-based milk
It is a refreshing way for a morning boost of energy, and you can enjoy drinking a lot of active ingredients.
You may think that the taste might be strange, but green smoothies usually taste really good and sweet, especially if you create the right combinations.
Spinach is very mild in taste and combining it with sweet fruits and a squeeze of lemon create a perfect combination.
Energy Boosting Green Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup of spinach
- 3 slices of pineapple
- Small piece of ginger root
- 3 tbsp of oats
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 apple
- Juice freshly squeezed from half of lemon
- 3/4- 1 cup of water
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. Start with 1/2 cup of water until you reach the consistency of the smoothie that you prefer.