How to make ALMOND MILK and what to do with the almond pulp?
I love to make plant-based milk at home! then I use the leftover pulp to prepare delicious almond-blueberry pancakes.
Have you ever try to make nut milk at home? If you have tried this, you probably know how much it’s easy, delicious and highly nutritious.
The advantages of making almond milk at home are:
- Being able to control the percentage of almonds in your plant-based milk. In-store bought almond milk, you will get a maximum 10% of almonds, but most of them are around 2% almond.
- Use it fresh – eliminate the need for stabilisers and preservatives. You can make the milk from water and almonds without the.
- Highly nutritious, when made fresh, the milk contains more vitamins and minerals.
Nutrient data for Nuts, almonds.
Almonds are abundant source for Calcium, Magnesium, fibres and protein. They consider being alkaline food.
Almond milk recipe
- Almonds- 1 Cup
- Water-4 cups
- Milk bag/ Cheesecloth
Soak 1 cup of almonds – in warm water for few hours, or overnight.
Rinse the almonds.
Add them into a blender, add 4 cups of water then blend for a few minutes until smooth.
Secure the milk bag (or the cheesecloth) over a bowl and pour the almond mixture over it.
Keep in the freeze up to 3 days.
Almond-Blueberry Pancakes made with the almond pulp
Almond-Blueberry Pancakes with the almond pulp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour organic
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond pulp or 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries add last when all the mixture is ready
In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Fold in the frozen blueberries. The batter will have a thick consistency.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat (with a bit of oil/ butter).
Cook small pancake portions using a ladle, for 2-3 minutes on each side until the pancake is golden.