Are you feeling under a great deal of emotional pressure and unable to cope with life stresses? These might lead to chronic stress.
The body’s stress response system is constantly activated during chronic stress and significantly impacts health and well-being.
There are some natural ways to help and manage stress, like healthy nutrition and herbal remedies, especially those herbs known as adaptogens.
During stressful times, you can use a supportive nutritional plan that emphasizes a few important vitamins and minerals, including lifestyle changes that can help you manage these stressful periods.
ADAPTOGENS DESCRIBES HERBS THAT HELP THE BODY “ADAPT” AND ADJUST ITSELF BACK TO HOMEOSTASIS (THE TENDENCY TO MAINTAIN A STABLE, RELATIVELY CONSTANT INTERNAL ENVIRONMENT).
Adaptogens describe a wide variety of plants.
Adaptogens support the immune system, physical stamina, hormonal balance and stress management.
Adaptogenic herbs act on multiple parts of the body at the same time. Studies have revealed that adaptogens show nerve cells protection, anti-fatigue, antidepressive, anxiety-reducing activity. (1)
In the image below, you can see how adaptogens increase the state of nonspecific resistance in stress and lower sensitivity to stressors.
Adaptogens increase nonspecific resistance in stress and decrease sensitivity to stressors, resulting in stress protection and prolonging the phase of resistance, which may help to reach a higher level of balance instead of exhaustion.
HOW DO ADAPTOGENS WORK?
Adaptogens work at a molecular level by regulating a stable balance in the hypothalamic, pituitary, and adrenal glands.
ADAPTOGENS MIGHT HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING –
ADAPTOGENS AND ENERGY LEVELS
- Siberian ginseng root (active ingredient eleutherosides) may help you manage your stress level, especially if you suffer from exhaustion.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) has similar qualities to Ginseng, can support your body if you suffer from stress and increase your energy level.
STRESS AND SLEEPING PROBLEMS
- Rhodiola rosea grows in cold regions and at high altitudes in Europe and Asia. It is considered an adaptogen due to its purported ability to increase resistance to chemical, biological, and physical stressors. Its claimed benefits include antidepressant, anticancer, cardioprotective, and central nervous system enhancement. Research also indicates great benefit in conditions like a decline in work performance, sleep difficulties, poor appetite, irritability, hypertension, headaches, and fatigue. (3)
FEELING ANXIOUS DURING THE DAY
- Holy basil (Tulsi) is an ancient culinary, medical herb with ritual history. It is considered in Indian culture as a herb that improves the quality of life and good health.
FOCUS AND ENERGY
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) may help you feel more focused because of its known quality as a mental ability enhancer.
This herb is also May be helpful for the skin and may help varicose veins because it stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Reishi – medicinal mushroom with many health benefits: boosting the immune system, helps balance sugar levels in the blood and even may help for who suffers from insomnia.
- It supports hormonal balance. Reishi is a very harmonic herb, so it should be considered in any stress management treatment.
- Cordyceps, strong adaptogenic qualities and a strong affinity to the respiratory system.
- It is used as a stimulant, a tonic, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.
I HOPE YOU LEARNED MORE ABOUT THE WONDERFUL AND HARMONICALLY WAYS IN WHICH HERBS CAN SUPPORT YOUR HEALTH!
BE AWARE OF CONTRAINDICATIONS BETWEEN MEDICATIONS AND HERBAL MEDICINES, AND TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING HERBAL REMEDIES.