During stressful times, you can use a supportive nutritional diet plan that includes specific vitamins and minerals, and lifestyle changes to help you to manage these stressful periods.
Herbal remedies have a lot to offer during stressed periods, and herbs that help balance the body known as adaptogenic herbs.
This word describes herbs that help the body to “adapt”, adjust itself back to homeostasis.
Adaptogens represent a wide variety of plants.
ADAPTOGENIC HERBS HELP OUR BODY TO BALANCE-
One of the things that make adaptogenic herbs to be so unique is that they act on multiple parts of the body at the same time
Adaptogens show these properties:
- protect nerve cells
- reducing anxiety
- improving cognitive function, memory, creativity, motivation
- increasing in mental work capacity (1)
In the image, you can see how adaptogens increase the state of nonspecific resistance in stress and decrease sensitivity to stressors
Adaptogens increase the state of nonspecific resistance in stress and decrease sensitivity to stressors, which results in stress protection and prolong the phase of resistance (stimulatory effect). Instead of exhaustion, a higher level of equilibrium.
THIS IS HOW ADAPTOGENS WORK:
They relieve stress by modulating the release of stress hormones from the adrenal glands.
ADAPTOGENS MIGHT HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING –
ADAPTOGENS AND ENERGY LEVELS
- Siberian ginseng root with its active ingredient “eleutherosides”, may help you to manage your stress level, especially if you suffer from exhaustion.
- Ashwagandha, or Withania somnifera, an amazing medicinal herb, that has similar qualities to the Ginseng can support your body if you suffer from stress and increase your energy level.
STRESS AND SLEEPING PROBLEMS
- A plant that grows in cold regions and at high altitudes in Europe and Asia, is considered to be an adaptogen due to its purported ability to increase resistance to chemical, biological, and physical stressors.
- Its claimed benefits include antidepressant, anticancer, cardioprotective, and central nervous system enhancement.
- Research also indicates great benefit in conditions like a decline in work performance, sleep difficulties, poor appetite, irritability, hypertension, headaches, and fatigue.(3)
FEELING ANXIOUS DURING THE DAY
- Holy basil Known also as Tulsi, herb with an ancient culinary, medical and ritual history.
It is considered in Indian culture as a herb that helps to improve quality of life and good health.
FOCUS AND ENERGY
- Gotu Kola Also known as Centella asiatica.
This wonderful herb may help you to feel more focused because of its known quality as mental ability enhancer.
This herb also very good for the skin and may help to varicose veins because it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Reishi- mushroom with many health benefits:
Boosting the immune system, help to balance sugar levels in the blood and even may help for who suffer from insomnia.
It supports hormonal balance, It is very harmonic herb, this is why it should be considered in any stress management treatment.
- Cordyceps, strong adaptogenic qualities and with a strong affinity to the respiratory system.
It is used as a stimulant, a tonic, and an adaptogen which is used to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue.