Kale is a fantastic superfood. It is a powerhouse of nutrients like beta-carotene, vitamins C, K, and folate and the minerals calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Its antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids compounds provide potent anti-inflammatory properties.
I recommend adding kale blended into smoothies or eating it cooked lightly to bring out its flavour. Here is a quick and easy kale salad recipe you can make in 6 minutes.
Kale salad recipe:
Ready in 6 minutes
- 1 handful of fresh, just-washed kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast, Parmesan cheese shaved on top, or almond flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the kale and garlic to the skillet and sauté until the kale is bright green and slightly tender about 5 minutes.
- Serve the salad with salt, black pepper, freshly squeezed lemon, and the toppings of your choice.
Enjoy your salad!