Lavender- the mother of all essential oils!
Lavender is one of my favourite plants and I use it almost every day in different ways.
It is very versatile, with calming fragrance that promotes relaxation and a night of restful sleep.
Lavandula angustifolia is the Latin name of the very famous Lavander!
If you use it topically, it is so effective to rejuvenating and soothing the skin.
Lavender flowers can be taken as a herbal tea for their calming effects.
Try this extra relaxing tea combination- mix lavender, chamomile and calendula flowers.
What are Lavender benefits?
- Soothes skin–softening and conditioning effect on the skin.
- Regenerative– useful for speed up healing of wounds and mouth ulcers.
- Lavender is a must for the first-aid cabinet and can be applied directly onto bites, stings, burns, bruises, and scar tissue.
- Healing-Its healing effects can ease acne, eczema, acne rosacea and psoriasis, and reduce scarring.
- Promotes restful sleep, just drop a few drops of lavender oil on the pillow or diffuse it in your bedroom before going to sleep.
- Calming– reduce stress levels and anxiety.
- Acts as a Painkiller- it has mild analgesic properties and this makes lavender to be a good treatment for headaches and migraine, as well as muscular and nerve pain. As an anti-spasmodic, it eases menstrual cramps. In a bath, it is helpful for sciatica and muscular back pain.
- Antiseptic– keep wounds, ulcers, and sores clean.
Can help with cystitis because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, add about 10 drops to a bath to speed up the healing process from infections like cystitis.
- Natural insect repellent– Used in a vaporizer or an oil burner in the room, it balances, purifies, and acts as a natural insect repellent.
- As a massage oil- add 12-20 drops to 2 tablespoons base oil.
- It is helpful for high blood pressure, general stress, palpitations and dizziness.
- Freshens the air– create your own room spray:
- 15 drops Lavender Essential oil
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp sodium bicarbonate
Mix it all in a spray bottle and use around the house
Baking soda is effective as an odour absorber
The plant Lavandula angustifolia is commonly used for essential oils.
Consider to be Non-toxic and non-irritant oil and it can be used neat on small areas, the essential oil is colourless or pale yellow.