Lunch ideas in naturopathic approach- PINTO BEANS
Pinto beans are rich in plant protein, low in fat, high in fibre and a good source of molybdenum and folate, copper, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium and iron.
Lunch is the main meal of the day, it is important for keeping your energy during all your day.
Keep it rich nutrients, light but filling & delicious.
The naturopathic approach to cooking is about healthy food, cooked with the right combinations, and healthy cooking methods as the base to health.
Here I’m sharing with you
my lunch idea for today:
PINTO BEANS SALAD
- Before cooking: wash the beans, soak overnight or at least for 8 hours and rinse the beans with clean water.
- Cook the beans with water. For 1 cup of dried beans, cover with 5 cups of water. Cook until it is soft then strain from the cooking water.
DON’T add any seasonings that are salty or acidic until after beans have been cooked (this will prevent the beans from cooking).
- Add the beans to a fresh salad leaves mixture, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Sprinkle on top – pumpkin seeds (an excellent source for zinc!).
- Use extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon, herbal/Himalayan salt and black pepper for dressing!