Introducing a Nutritious and Delicious Nuts and Seeds Granola Recipe
Are you on the lookout for a breakfast option that is not only packed with nutrition but also incredibly flavorful? Look no further. We have the perfect solution for you – our Nuts and Seeds Granola Recipe. This homemade granola is not only easy to make but also tastes far better than any store-bought version you might have tried. Packed with a variety of nuts, seeds, and wholesome ingredients, this granola offers a delightful combination of flavours and textures that will leave you wanting more. So, let’s dive into the goodness of our Nuts and Seeds Granola Recipe and discover a breakfast option that is both nutritious and delicious.
Benefits of Eating Granola for Breakfast
Granola is an excellent choice for breakfast because it’s high in fibre, protein, B vitamins and minerals. This meal will keep you feeling full for longer than traditional cereals would do, making it a great way to start your day.
Exploring the Ingredients and Nutritional Benefits of Nuts and Seeds Granola Recipe
Rolled oats are a good source of fibre, protein, and iron, and they also contain several B vitamins and manganese. Walnuts provide omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and other nutrients that help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of heart disease. Cinnamon is a natural sweetener that’s good for your heart health and can help regulate blood sugar levels. Maple syrup and honey are both excellent sources of natural sweetness.
Eating foods that are high in fibre, protein, and antioxidants can help reduce your risk of certain diseases. To add some extra flavour to your granola, sprinkle over some fresh fruit. You can also try adding dried fruits, such as dates or figs, which are high in antioxidants and fibre.
Nuts and Seeds Granola Recipe
This granola recipe serves about 4 people and can be prepared in under 20 minutes.
- 1 cup whole oats
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin) or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey organic or maple syrup
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut chips
- Heat a large frying pan and add olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add the whole oats to the pan and toast them for a few minutes until they become slightly toasted and crisp. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the pinch of Himalayan salt, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup, ½ cup almonds, and ½ cup walnuts to the pan with the toasted oats.
- Keep stirring the mixture until you smell a good fragrance and the oats and nuts turn golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the sunflower seeds, coconut chips, and hemp seeds. Stir to combine.
- Let the granola cool completely in the pan before storing it in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with fresh fruit and a scoop of plant-based yoghurt.
This granola recipe is versatile, and you can customize it to your liking by adding different types of nuts or seeds along with different flavours like honey or maple syrup. It’s also perfect for meal prep, so you can make a big batch over the weekend and enjoy it throughout the week for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack.
The nuts and seeds granola recipe is a great way to start your day with a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
It’s quick to prepare and made from only healthy ingredients, so you can add or subtract anything to make it work for your needs and tastes. Enjoy it with fresh fruit and plant-based yoghurt, or use it as a snack for a quick energy boost.