Granola is an excellent choice for breakfast! This breakfast is perfect to start the day in a healthy and tasty way.
Homemade granola is:
- easy to make (roasted in a pan)
- contains only healthy ingredients that you can adjust according to your needs and preferences
This granola meal gives you a boost of energy for the start of the day! It is rich in protein, fibre, B vitamins and minerals.
Enjoy with fresh fruits and yoghurt!
I recommend adding to this granola some fresh fruits.
Dried fruits are more concentrated with sugar than fresh fruits. Choosing fresh fruits is a good idea if you suffer from high blood sugar because they are lower in sugar. Fresh fruits are also higher in vitamin C.
If you would like to add dry fruits, try dates and figs.
These are great options because they are dense in antioxidants and fibre.
Nutritional Value of Oats
Oats are packed with nutrients and can help to maintain lower blood cholesterol when eaten regularly.
Oats contain diverse essential nutrients:
In a 100 gram serving, oats provide:
- 389 kilocalories
- rich source (20% or more of the Daily Value, DV) of protein (34% DV)
- dietary fibre (44% DV)
- several B vitamins
- dietary minerals, especially manganese (233% DV)
- 66% carbohydrates, including 11% dietary fibre and 4% beta-glucans1