Looking for a deep cleansing method that is gentle on your skin? Look no further than facial cleansing oil! The ‘oil cleansing’ method is an easy and relaxing aromatherapy facial treatment DIY that can be done at home and provides a host of benefits, including a fresh and glowing look. To get started, simply follow these steps to prepare an aromatherapy facial oil cleanser with antibacterial essential oils.
What is the Oil Cleansing Method?
The oil cleansing method is a DIY facial cleansing treatment that’s easy, relaxing and aromatherapy-inspired. It’s based on the principle of like dissolves like – oil dissolves oil, so you can use it to cleanse your skin without water.
The basic idea behind this treatment is that if you want to get rid of excess sebum and other buildup on your face (which can lead to acne), then using an oil will help dissolve those substances more effectively than using water alone.
Oil cleansing is a method to deep clean the skin and remove makeup, impurities, dead skin cells and excess oil buildup on the skin. Yet it is gentle and it doesn’t dry the skin.
Which Oils Should I Choose?
Choosing the right oils is crucial when creating your own facial cleansing oil. Here are some of my favourite oils based on skin type:
For normal to dry skin:
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Jojoba oil
For oily skin:
- Astringent essential oils such as citrus, cypress, and geranium can be added to the blend. However, these oils may cause the skin to feel slightly dry. They can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of large pores by temporarily constricting the epidermis.
- Suitable essential oils include cypress, patchouli, rose, rosemary, and citrus oils.
- Suitable base oils include argan oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil, and hazelnut oil.
Glowing Skin Cleansing Oil DIY Recipe
To create your own facial cleansing oil, you’ll need these ingredients:
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Organic cold-pressed sunflower oil
- Organic tea tree essential oil (optional)
- Organic lavender essential oil (optional)
When creating your own facial cleansing oil, it’s important to choose the right oils. Here are some of my favourite oils:
- Tea tree oil: This oil may help soothe and relieve painful and irritated skin, as well as reduce redness and swelling.
- Lavender oil: This oil may help reduce acne scars and breakouts, and its fragrance is helpful for relaxing the mind.
- Sunflower oil and Olive oil: These oils are gentle and nourishing for healthy skin.
I recommend using this cleansing treatment 2-3 times a week at night.
Here’s the recipe for your own facial cleansing oil:
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic cold-pressed sunflower oil
- 2 drops organic tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops organic lavender essential oil
To use your facial cleansing oil, follow these steps:
- Mix all the ingredients in an oil blending bottle or bowl.
- Gently massage the cleansing oil blend onto your face, focusing on areas with clogged pores. Avoid the eye area.
- Remove the oil by using a wet face cloth and warm water to wipe your skin gently.
- Leave the cloth on your face for a few seconds to allow your skin to absorb extra moisture and enjoy the aroma of the essential oils.
If you’re looking to cleanse your skin without stripping it of its natural oils, the oil cleansing method a great option. It’s easy to do at home and provides plenty of benefits, including a fresh and radiant look while being gentle on your skin.