Facial Cleanser Recipe for Glowing Skin
Are you looking for a gentle, deep cleansing method for your skin?
Look no further than facial cleansing oil! The “oil cleansing” method is an easy, relaxing aromatherapy facial treatment that you can DIY at home and provides many benefits, including a fresh and glowing look.
What is the Oil Cleansing Method?
The oil cleansing method is a facial cleansing treatment that’s easy, relaxing, and inspired by aromatherapy. It’s based on the principle of “like dissolves like”, – meaning that oil dissolves oil.
The basic idea behind this treatment is that if you want to eliminate excess sebum and other buildup on your face that can lead to acne, the oil will help dissolve those substances more effectively than water alone.
Oil cleansing is a method to deep clean the skin and remove makeup, impurities, dead skin cells, and excess oil buildup. What’s great about it is that it’s gentle and doesn’t dry out the skin.
Selecting the Perfect Oils for Your Facial Cleanser Recipe
Choosing suitable oils is crucial when creating your facial cleansing oil. Here are some of my favourite oils based on skin type:
For normal to dry skin:
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Jojoba oil
For oily skin:
- Choose astringent essential oils such as citrus, cypress, and geranium to add to the blend. However, be aware that these oils may cause the skin to feel slightly dry. They can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of large pores by temporarily tightening the epidermis.
- Suitable essential oils include cypress, patchouli, rose, rosemary, and citrus.
- Suitable base oils include argan oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil, and hazelnut oil. If you have oily skin, choose one of these oils to replace the olive oil in the recipe below.
Facial Cleanser Recipe for Glowing Skin – DIY Recipe
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic cold-pressed sunflower oil
- 2 drops organic tea tree essential oil (optional)
- 2 drops organic lavender essential oil (optional)
- You will also need a soft facial cloth.
- Mix all the ingredients in an oil blending bottle or bowl.
- Gently massage the cleansing oil blend onto your face, focusing on areas with clogged pores. Avoid the eye area.
- Remove the oil by using a wet face cloth and warm water to gently wipe your skin.
- Leave the cloth on your face for a few seconds to allow your skin to absorb extra moisture and enjoy the aroma of the essential oils.
- After the treatment, wash your face well and pat dry with a soft cotton face towel.
- I recommend using this cleansing treatment 2-3 times a week at night.
If you’re looking to clean your skin without stripping it of its natural oils, the oil cleansing method is a great option.
It’s easy to do at home and provides plenty of benefits, including a fresh and radiant look while being gentle on your skin.