The facial cleansing oil is a deep but gentle cleansing method that gives your skin a clean, glowing and fresh look.
There are many methods to clean the skin.
The ‘oil cleansing’ method is an easy, relaxing, aromatherapy facial treatment that you can make yourself at home.
Here I explain in detail how to prepare aromatherapy facial oil cleanser with antibacterial essential oils.
On this post
What is it?
Oil cleansing is a method to deep clean the skin, remove makeup, impurities, dead skin cells and excess oil buildups on the skin.
Yet it is gentle, and it doesn’t dry the skin.
How the Oil Cleansing Method works?
Oil cleansing is based upon the principle of like-dissolves-like.
The oil used to cleanse the skin dissolves the excess oil and buildups on the skin.
Many of the environmental impurities and cosmetic products are not water-soluble.
Washing the skin with pure water would not be sufficient to remove them.
Which oils should I choose?
Different oils and essential oils are suitable for different skin types.
One of the most gentle oils to use with this method is almond oil.
For normal to dry skin
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sweet Almond oil
- Jojoba oil
Add an astringent essential oil to the blend.
Astringent oils might cause the skin feeling a bit dry.
Astringent oils, such as citrus, cypress, and geranium, are suitable for combination and oily skin.
They can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of large pores by temporarily constricting the epidermis.
For oily skin
ESSENTIAL OILS: Cypress, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary and Citrus oils.
BASE OILS: Argan oil, Castor oil, Grapeseed oil and Hazelnut oil.
Glowing Skin Cleansing Oil
Lavender fragrance is also helpful to relax the mind.
Sunflower oil and Olive oil are nursing and gentle for healthy skin.
I recommend doing this cleansing treatment 2-3 times a week at night time.
OIL CLEANSING METHOD DIY RECIPE
- 2 tbsp Organic Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tbsp Organic Cold-pressed sunflower oil.
- 2 drops Organic tea tree essential oil.
- 2 drops Organic lavender essential oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in an oil blending bottle or a bowl.
- Applying the cleansing oil blend by gently massaging the oil on your face (avoid the eyes) for a minute, mainly focusing on those areas with clogged pores.
- Remove the oil: use a wet face-cloth and warm water to wipe your skin gently.
- Leave the cloth to cover your face for a few seconds, so your skin will absorb extra moisture and you to enjoy the aroma of the essential oils.