a celebration of flavours, textures and freshness!
Makes: 1 big bowl of salad, Prep time: 5 minutes, Total time: 20 minutes
- Quinoa – ½ cup cooked
- Green lentils- ½ cup cooked
- Sunflower seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Dried sour cherries (not sweetened) – 1 tbsp.
- Fresh mint leaves – a handful
- Rocket leaves – 3 cups (70gr)
- Purple onion – 1 small
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Lemon peel
- Cook the green lentils and the quinoa separately without salt in a pot full of water.
- Cook until it is ready to eat, al- dente and not too soft (about 15 minutes)
- When they are ready, drain the water and wash in cold water in order to let them cool down.
- Drain completely from any water and prepare the salad.
- Chopped the onion.
- Toast lightly the sunflower seeds.
- Assemble the salad-base: quinoa and lentils, rocket, mint, onion, toasted sunflower seeds, sour cherries, grate a tsp of lemon zest and season with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Eat fresh! Enjoy!
Special Diet Information
Suitable for diabetics.