Sautéed green beans are a simple and savoury side dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. This easy and affordable recipe combines crisp-tender green beans with minced garlic and toasted almond slivers, creating a flavorful and nutritious dish in just 10 minutes. Whether served alongside grilled chicken or fish or enjoyed on its own with a simple side of rice or crusty bread, sautéed green beans are a healthy and flavorful addition to any meal. With endless variations and serving suggestions, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your recipe repertoire.
Sautéed green beans Recipe
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4
- 200g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25g slivered almonds
- 15ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Sautéed green beans?
- Rinse the green beans under cold running water. Pat dry with a towel or spin dry in a salad spinner. Trim the ends of the beans.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the green beans to the skillet in an even layer. Do not stir for 3 minutes. Then, stir and cook until the beans are tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds evenly over the green beans. Cook, stirring frequently, until the almonds are lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine and coat the green beans evenly with the oil, garlic, and almonds.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Tips and Variations:
- For extra flavour, add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Substitute walnuts or pine nuts for the almonds.
- Use asparagus instead of green beans. Snap off the tough ends and sauté as directed.
- Garnish the green beans with sliced lemon wedges, chopped parsley, or grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve the green beans with a simple side of rice, mashed potatoes, or crusty bread.
- Garnish with sliced radishes, cherry tomatoes, or orange segments for a pop of colour.