Health benefits of Spelt Crackers
Health Benefits Of Spelt Crackers
Spelt, an ancient variety of wheat with a subtle nutty and sweet flavour. It is high in fibre, B vitamins, and minerals such as copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Spelt is highly water-soluble and consider to be easy to digest.
Flaxseeds are high in fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as phytochemicals called lignans.
Flaxseed is commonly used to improve digestive health or relieve constipation. Eating flaxseeds can also support lowering total blood cholesterol and the “bad” LDL cholesterol levels, which may reduce heart disease risk.
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE?
- Soak 2 tbsp flax seeds with about 6 tbsp room temperature water, drain excess water after 10 minutes.
- Warm the oven to 160C.
- Make the dough ->
Mix flour with salt and the soaked flax seeds, add warm water and olive oil and mix to create a bowl.
- Roll out the dough as thinly as possible and placed it on the prepared tray.
- Use a pizza cutter to score the dough, sprinkle with the poppy seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.