Sweet almond oil is a soothing and nourishing oil that is especially suitable for delicate and dry skin.
Sweet almond oil (Latin name Prunus amygdalus dulcis) is a light all-purpose oil made from the seeds of the sweet almond tree. It is an oil that suitable for all skin types, sensitive skin and even suitable for babies and young children.
It nourishes the skin, helps soothe dry, irritated skin and prevent moisture loss. According to a 2017 study, applying sweet almond oil on stretch marks may be a helpful treatment for preventing them. It also helps to reduce the itching from stretch marks.1
How to use?
- Use as a base for massage oil. It has a delicate aroma (not interfering with essential oils), a silky and soft texture and it absorbs well and quick.
- Almond oil is gentle enough to use on babies and young children (for example, to treat a nappy rash or cradle cap).
- As a nourishing oil for dry and sensitive skin.
- Try to use as a makeup remover, it is beneficial for the skin and leaving it feeling smooth and supple.
- Combine with other oils and essential oils to create your aromatherapy oil blend.
Rich in oleic acid and in softening active ingredients, for example, phytosterols, triacylglycerides and triterpene alcohols.
When you buy sweet almond oil look for the cold-pressed oil and preferably organic.
Cold-pressed oil produced by pressing the seed, nut, or grain at the lowest possible temperature without any further pressing.
This process retains more vitamins, minerals and other components in the oil.